Our Day includes circle time (with weather, calendar, letter, number and theme), small group activities with math and literacy, an art or science experience, snacks, free-play time for social interactions, individual work time with teacher, large and small activities focusing on Kindergarten Readiness, and Outside playtime.
Numbers . Counting objects
• One to one correspondence • Sorting • Patterns
• Shapes • Matching •Colors • STEAM
• Expose to alphabet letter names • Expose the alphabet sounds • Retell familiar stories • Concept of print
• Hold a pencil • Development fine motor skills
• Explore science tools • Experience the world outdoors Creative Arts
• Music instruments • Music of all kinds • Art and Craft projects • Explore variety of art processes: painting, drawings, sculpture, weaving • Variety of art materials: crayons, tempera paint, watercolors, colored pencils, markers, chalk, clay
• Practice problem solving skills • Work in small groups of 3or 4 children • Work whole group class setting • Share classroom materials • Communicate needs
• Take care own basic needs
Community Outings / Field Trips
• Library • Taekwondo • Apple Orchard
• Dentist Office • Fire Station • Children's Museum
• Pet Expo • Cub Foods • Police Station
Lil Jumpin Frogs Preschool uses Creative Curriculum along with Minnesota's Early Learning Standards.